In 1868 James Ferguson embarked on an ambitious journey from Scotland to Brisbane to make his mark on the Queensland printing industry. This endeavour was the start of a long list of pioneering achievements in the fields of print and communications. More than 145 years later, this list is still growing as Fergies continues to lead the Queensland communications market.
Innovation in print
Fergies is a proven innovator and industry leader. Since our inception in 1868 we have continuously invested in new technologies to ensure you receive the best results in delivering your campaigns and products to market at the highest quality and in the fastest possible time.
Our dedication to continuously delivering clients expectations while being at the forefront of technology is unrivalled.
Fergies solutions offering has always been to help you save time and money and help you stand apart from your competition.
The scope of our innovative history extends from being the first printer to install an A1 full colour press in Queensland, the first printer to introduce waterless printing to Australia, first commercial sheet fed printer to introduce an ink pumping system using vegetable based inks, to our recent work in developing online services designed to deliver more efficient communication services at a lower cost.
- First company in Queensland to install a HIGH Speed 2 colour offset press
- First company in Queensland to install a large format full colour printing press
- First company in Australia to build a purpose built premises in the print industry
- First company to introduce waterless printing into Australia
- First Australian printer to achieve level 3 Sustainable Green Print accreditation
- First in Queensland to include an integrated mail house
- First sheet fed printer in Australia to install an environmentally sustainable ink pumping system
- First and only Australia Post “Bulk Mail Partner” accredited company in Queensland with offset print capability.
Find out more
One of Fergies technical support team will be happy to talk more about how our innovations help you.
Commitment to reducing costs
Our structured cost-saving program further benefits our clients through the identification of product and process improvements that will save money and improve speed to market. Over the past few years Fergies has been very successful at measuring, managing and reducing costs, across our entire organisation.
We are focused on:
- Review of product design to achieve raw material and mailing efficiencies
- Review of product specifications to reduce costs
- Review and streamlining of order-to-press workflow
- Technology upgrades to streamline workflow
- Targeted stock control
- Consolidation of stock lines
- Review of production methodologies
Reliable customer service
The Fergies team pride themselves on being able to say ‘yes’ more often, whether it’s getting it there yesterday, pulling off a tricky design challenge or coming up with innovative solutions to save you time and money.
Our clients regularly nominate our reliability as the reason they keep coming back, not to mention our quality and speed to market.
We understand you have a business to run, so we do everything we can to make your experience with Fergies as seamless as possible.
We’d like to share some of our client’s experiences with you by providing some testimonials for you to read.
Find out more
One of Fergies technical support team will be happy to discuss how you can experience the reliability of a trusted partner.