Fergies is a company that strives to identify improvement in its environmental responsibilities. We analyse the environmental impact of our company from an economical point of view, then implement improvement where possible. Fergies has implemented an Environmental Management System (contained in an Integrated Management System) based on ISO 14001:2004 to ensure compliance with legislation and regulations in all areas of our operations. Our activities and procedures are carried out in an environmentally safe manner.
Aims and objectives
Fergies is committed to continual environmental improvement and prevention of pollution. As such, we set environmental objectives and targets in our management plans and continually work to achieve them. We commit to working with our customers, suppliers and the community in order to do so. Our Company also undertakes to:
- Recycle all paper waste trimmings
- Recycle aluminium printing plates
- Reduce our electricity usage using innovative power reduction technology in order to reduce our environmental footprint
- Introduce environmentally friendly soya-based printing inks and other consumables when readily available to the industry
- Use of Komori presses, which are environmentally accredited
- Ensure consultation, involvement and compliance by all employees at all levels through training
- Maintenance of our environmental system through reviews and documentation to ensure we are meeting our environmental objectives.
- Management at all levels of Fergies is responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that all environmental policies and procedures are implemented
- Establishing measurable objectives and targets in our management plans to ensure continued improvement aimed at the elimination of waste, pollution and environmental harm
- Providing adequate resources to meet these environmental commitments
- Ensuring this policy is communicated and adhered to by all employees and subcontractors
- Ensuring this policy is available to the public via our website.
- Employees also have responsibilities, which include:
- following all environmental policies and procedures
- recognising and reporting hazards which may affect the health and well-being of the environment
Implementation and review
This policy has been fully implemented as per the below dates. It shall be reviewed as part of the Integrated Management System internal audit schedule.
Download our environmental policy.