Checklist for supplying digital files for printing
- When supplying your final file, include a complete description of each page in the final document (including blank pages).
- Page sizes should be digitally set up at the exact finished size i.e. if the finished document is A4 (297mm x 210mm), then all pages within the file should be supplied as 297mm x 210mm.
- If any page has content to the edge of the page then bleed is required. We recommend 5mm extra on all trim edges (minimum of 3mm).
- Scans (Bitmap images) all should be scanned at 300dpi.
- Pictures should be placed at 100% size. Do NOT enlarge more than 130% and do NOT reduce more than 50%
- Check all images have been converted from RGB to CMYK. Fergies takes no responsibility if any part of a supplied document is not saved as CMYK..
- No lines should be supplied with the thickness being smaller than .05 of a point.
- Supply all images, graphics and fonts on the digital file e.g. all link files should be supplied.
- When designing, no text should be placed any closer than 5mm to any trim edge of the page
- All fine text should be in black only. (Not scanned 4 colour)
- E-mailing files: when e-mailing files they must be compressed prior to sending, regardless of file size.
- When saving TIFF files do NOT press the LZW compression button as this effects image quality on output.
- When placing TIFF files in Quark Xpress please fill in picture boxes with white. (An exception to this rule is working in mono Bitmap TIFF).
- PDF files: Use the “press” option when creating a PDF so that the image resolution is not reduced to less than 300dpi.
Create a PDF
Different programs require different PDF settings. This section has a variety of pdf settings for a variety of software packages. If the program you use is not there go to Online Support and send us the details of your software and we will respond within one working day.
If you need assistance creating PDFs you can download instructions here.
Create digital PDF
When supplying a PDF for printing on our Indigo presses please use the Adobe job-options file below. Download and unzip the file into the directory Adobe stores your job-option files, usually C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Adobe PDF\Settings. Then when you create your PDF choose Fergies Digital in the pdf settings dialog.
If you are unsure about doing this please follow the instructions in the “Create PDF” section.
You can download the Fergies PDF job options.
Folder key lines
We have a range of standard and premium presentation folders designed to be functional, attractive and creative. Simply choose the design that best suits your application. The key line is setup in a special colour to allow easy recognition in our prepress department. If you need a physical sample please ask sales to assist.
View the PDF here or contact sales to request an EPS of a particular key line.
Find out more
One of Fergies technical support team will be happy to help you in preparing your file to be print ready and problem free.